At Bakerland you'll now find two new additions both on the right column.
First is an sign-up for a daily digest. It is hard for me to believe it but you may not check our blog on an hourly basis as we expect. Typing in a URL, much less remembering a URL can be tough (sigh). Sign-up for the digest and then the posts will be emailed to you! Heck, if you want to skip that step (too lazy) just click here and follow the instructions: Subscribe to Bakerland by Email.
The other addition is the "Subscribe" box which through a few clicks you can add Bakerland to an online RSS reader where you can get all your blog reading aggregated into one place! If none of that made any sense then I'm guessing it isn't for you and you should stick to the email digest.
These are all new additions so I've no clue how well they are gonna work. The email in particular is done using Feedburner (a bunch of great guys working in Chicago). Please shoot me an email if things seem not right.
Another key change is that I've made the blog world readable (no access restrictions). I'm not taking out any front page ads for the blog and will do my best to keep it low key but the reality is that anyone can read it. So if inspiration hits you and you decide to post a comment or two, try and avoid using your S S N, blood type, secrete passwords, and the like. If you have pro or con thoughts on this I'd love to hear as this is most definitely uncharted territory for this blog.
Put it simply you now have three and/or options for reading our posts...
- Just come to http://bakerland.blogspot.com and read it directly
- Subscribe to the email and get regular digests of posts
- Us a reader (Google account needed to use their reader) and read our blog along with others aggregated into one spot (Check out this video if you still don't get it).
At the very least, I hope this helps you enjoy the blog and more importantly keep in closer touch with us.
No comments:
Post a Comment