Thursday, January 15, 2009

No, that fuselage isn't the Loch Ness.

Chris and I are not going to become New York Times reporters any time soon with this portfolio, but here are a few more pictures we captured from today's events...

I did my best to touch up these first three photos by Chris (aka I don't know how to turn off a flash)...



(picture of Hudson from the apartment. The first tug boat comes into view with the plane just out of sight to the right)

Emi who is normally very happy with staying inside finally decided that actually seeing a large plane float by the window was just enough reason to go out and take a look around.

(The plane is now "clearly" visable on the right as it comes in view past the apartment building. The three white streeks are the fuselage, tail and left wing.)

I actually think the next picture is the Loch Ness Monster....


I took this last photo just a few minutes ago. They have most of the area blocked off. What you see here is what I think is the left wing poking up just on the other side of the wall....

The fire department, police and tones of other folks are in full force around here. It was crazy with them all rushing around when I came home earlier. Thank goodness they have plenty of big buses to go hang out in as it is frig'n cold out there. Being only out for 30 minutes and I felt my cheeks were going to break off.

My best guess is they'll be fiddling with this all night. It wouldn't surprise me if they waited for daylight to pull it from the water.

If the Nessy shows up again we'll be ready with more smeared images for you faithful readers.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. NYC is probably the best place for a plane to go down in the water. Thank God everyone survived. Great job by all of the emergency personnel.

    Dad & Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to tell what's what. Maybe you can show me at work.

    ReplyDelete